Mama B & the Boys

Boys are truth with dirt on their face, beauty with a cut on its finger, wisdom with bubble gum in its hair, and the hope of the future with a frog in its pocket.

Monday, September 28, 2009

'The Great Pumpkin Rescue'

((needed a little change. new title--new layout))

Fall is in the air ladies and gents. The leaves are slowly changing. The morning air smells different. WalMart had a great deal on their larger jar candles, and I bought a pumpkin pie scented one.

Last night, Jaren and I ventured out to WalMart to pick up some things for dinner, when I realized, Jaren doesn't know what a pumpkin is. He has never touched one or anything. WalMart had them on sale $0.78 lb. We walked up to the box and I picked out a small pumpkin and handed it to Jaren. He said orange ball. I told him no baby, that's a pumpkin. 'PUMPKIN?' He asked with a smile on his face... "yes baby, a pumpkin". He was so excited. Anytime we got close enough to someone he would hold up the pumpkin and confidently tell them what it was.

When we got home, I got him out of the car and handed him his pumpkin to carry inside. I walked around to the other side of the car to get the groceries out and Jaren followed me. As I was getting all the bags out of the car, Jaren saw something in the car floor that he wanted and sat his pumpkin down. A few seconds later I heard him say uh oh. The pumpkin was gone. We ran around to the other side of the car and I didn't see it. So I got down on all fours and looked under the car. I didn't think there was ANY WAY that it could have rolled all the way under the car. I turned around and I see the pumpkin had rolled down the hill and right in front of our eyes, it jumps the ditch, rolls across 119 (the highway where we live), under the guardrail and disappeared. Jaren screamed PUMPKIN in the most horrifying, traumatized voice EVER! I was heartbroken for him :(

We came inside the house and he was still crying and screaming for the long lost pumpkin. But of course Daddy came to the rescue. We all walked down to the end of the drive way and Jaren and I patiently waited as Jesse ran across the road and jumped the guardrail. He couldn't find the pumpkin at first and I told him it only cost $1.70 so he didn't need to worry about it, I would find Jaren another one. But he insisted. He walked a little ways along the guardrail and then I saw him go down over the hill. When he popped his head back up, he was holding the pumpkin. Jaren smiled so big and started screaming pumpkin again. He was so excited!!

If I got to give an award Jesse would get Daddy of the year for simply rescuing the pumpkin. It's the simple things right?!?!
Jaren with his prize winning pumpkin :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable. What a great daddy Jesse is!!! I love the new blog.

September 28, 2009 at 4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That photo is adorable!
pk @ Room Remix

October 24, 2009 at 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home