Mama B & the Boys

Boys are truth with dirt on their face, beauty with a cut on its finger, wisdom with bubble gum in its hair, and the hope of the future with a frog in its pocket.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

BOGUS!!!!

Yep! I just used the word BOGUS, because that is exactly how I feel about ReliOn thermometers right now!

Before I left the hospital after having Brady, our pediatrician told us to by a temple thermometer for taking the boys temperature because it was quicker and easier than rectally. We found an awesome steal of a ReliOn Temple Thermometer for $9.96 at WalMart.
We thought it was so great, we'd be able to take the boys temperature within a few seconds and wouldn't have to worry about getting pooped on or making them uncomfortable. WELLL.....yesterday, Jaren was acting like he didn't feel very well, and he seemed a little warm when he got up from his nap. I took his temperature using the device shown above and the temperature read 98 degrees. I didn't believe it, just to be sure I went ahead and took the rectal and it read 102. WOW HUGE DIFFERENCE RIGHT? I went ahead and tried the temple again and it read 97. Its not even consistent. There is a life time warranty on the thing, so I went ahead and wrote the company because I think that there are probably some Mommas out there that would take the temperature and then not give it a second thought.

It's been almost 24 hours that Jaren's temperature has fluctuated between 99.8 and 102. I am going to take him with me to Brady's 2 month well baby checkup tomorrow and have Dr. Bowlin give him a once over because alot of my friends are suggesting possible ear infection, because he's got symptoms like their children have had. I've never dealt with an ear infection before so I chalked it up to teething :( Definitely not getting Mom of the year award.... :( I feel awful that I let it go without thinking about it. But once he sees Dr. B tomorrow I know he'll be feeling much better.

Anyway, I had some talked about plans of going to visit Lacy and the girls this week as well as Heidi and her little chickies, but I think we'll have to postpone all that until Jaren is feeling better!

I hope everyone is having a great Thursday. Jesse was requested to stay all day tomorrow to work the Black Caucus, so he won't be home until Saturday now.

LOVE YOU ALL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home