Mama B & the Boys

Boys are truth with dirt on their face, beauty with a cut on its finger, wisdom with bubble gum in its hair, and the hope of the future with a frog in its pocket.

Monday, April 6, 2009

blogging on a rainy day....

Surprise Surprise! The morning I wake up with absolutely NOTHING to do until 3, it rains. I just wish one day, I had nothing at all to do, and it would be warm and sunny out, and I could play outside and walk with Jaren all day! Or at least until he gets tired. Speaking of tired. Jaren's morning naps having been coming so quickly. It seems like within an hour and half to two hours after he's up and had breakfast, he wants to lay back down. The Dr. did say that when he is going through growth spurts, he will sleep a little more. But I just feel like he's been sleeping an extra lot lately. He'll sleep roughly 10-12 hours a night and still sometimes takes 2-2 hour naps a day. I read somewhere that up until their two most children will sleep an average of 13-15 hours a day, including their night time sleep. So I guess Jaren is just being a normal, healthy, growing 17 month old.

Not really a whole lot new going on here. My Grandma is finally home, which is WONDERFUL news. She's doing great and adjusting perfectly to being back home. It's so great to see her in the morning and be able to hug her goodnight.

Jesse's job hunt is still continuing. He's put in about 10 different applications, and alot of the closing dates are this week or early next week, so I'm just praying that door opens soon. I'm starting to stress a little because Brady will be here in the end of July and I want us to be in our own place, Jaren adjusted, and us fully prepared before he gets here. I know God has never failed us and I trust him always. I know it's all in His time, and I know all too well not to rush that. (example: Jesse and I prayed and cried and prayed and pleaded every single time we were not pregnant, when we were trying to get pregnant for the first time. Months and months of negative pregnancy tests and I was beginning to doubt everything. March 3rd 2007, just a few short weeks before Jesse was to deploy for Iraq, we found out we were expecting a little miracle. Now this may not mean much to most, but think of the timing. Had I gotten pregnant anytime sooner, Jesse would have been in Iraq when I delivered our first child. I was almost 8 weeks pregnant when Jesse left for deployment and he made it home 10 days before Jaren made his appearance into the world. God is nothing short of amazing in everything He does.) I know not to rush the job placement, I just pray that no matter where God is planning on leading us in this journey that we faithfully follow. Pray for us please!

I have another chiropractor appointment today at 3pm. I love going and I always feel great after the massage, but I just feel like it's becoming a hassle. Jesse has to work everything he wants to do around my appointments because we only have one car. Just another reason a job would come in handy!! I just pray that I start feeling a little more relief so I can possibly go down to 1 or 2 days a week instead of 3.

Let's talk about Jaren for a minute. OH HOW WONDERFUL IT IS TO HAVE THIS LITTLE BOY IN MY LIFE. I love waking up to him yelling Daddy as loud as he can. I quickly get out of bed, go into his room and get him, as we come around the corner into our room he immediately dives out of my arms on top of his Daddy who is still 'pretending' to be asleep so he can scare and tickle Jaren. He gets so excited. I've always heard that boys are Mama's boys, but in this case he is for his Dad all the way. The last 4 or 5 days he has become attached to a train car. I had a diaper cake at my baby shower with a train track around it, and this was one of the cars with the train. He loves it. He sleeps with it, eats with it, goes to Walmart with it, he even slides down the sliding board with it. It's so cute to watch him try to function with this train car in his hand, but he manages just fine. He's started trying to swim in the bathtub, which is an adventure within its self. He used to freak out if there were no toys in the tub to play with, now he throws them out, one by one, to make room for swimming. He dunks his head, and flips on his belly and moves his arms and legs. He is going to be so much fun this summer. He learns a new word or two or ten every day! HAHA! He's started saying I love you, he calls the dog by name, cookie, baby and always tries to say Brady while lifting up my shirt, and so much more. He's such a good little boy. I love him so much.

WOW! I haven't updated like this in a really long time, and I'm sure it sounds like a bunch of rubble, but I hope you guys enjoyed reading. If you've made it this far! We love you all!

1 Comments:

Anonymous kristen k =) said...

luv you, miss you...

April 6, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home