Mama B & the Boys

Boys are truth with dirt on their face, beauty with a cut on its finger, wisdom with bubble gum in its hair, and the hope of the future with a frog in its pocket.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

First update in 2009

Hello outside world! I apologize that this is my first update since December, but things have been a little busy around here. Not busy like running around like a head with it's chicken cut off, but just busy visiting friends and family, following busy body Jaren around, grocery shopping, and still trying to get organized. Okay so maybe I have been running around like a chicken a little bit, but I'm hoping to slow down a little now.

Christmas was fantastic. Jaren enjoyed every little thing he got. We didn't want to go too big this year, because that's just more stuff for us to move, but he had SO MUCH FUN! After the first two presents, he knew exactly what to do, to get the toy out of the pretty package. We ate a big Christmas dinner here at my Mom's and just enjoined the day as a family.

A few days after Christmas, we headed up to Ohio to visit Marty, Becky, Nikki, and Jesse's Mom. We had a great visit with all of them as well. We hung out at Marty's for a while, and then went and had dinner with Jesse's Mom. Jaren got some very nice Cleveland Browns outfits, which Jesse was so proud of!!!

New Years was relaxing. We all just hung out here and ate lots of buffalo chicken dip, and veggies and dip. It snowed, so it was nice to know we could just stay in doors and enjoy the warmth and comfort.

After New Years, Jesse got into major 'job hunting mode'. He's applied for 2 different federal prisons, a position assisting veterans find jobs and other programs, and a few other jobs. Today he headed down to Summersville to take the Corrections Officer exam. Once the exam is finished, then they will review everything and decide if they will chose him for an interview. The job at one of the prisons, is a Veterans Recruitment position, which I believe means they are only accepting Veterans applications for that position. I just praise God for the doors he is opening for us daily.

I'm 10 weeks pregnant today. I still don't feel much different, except for the exhaustion and sickness. But I know once I get that ultrasound and hear that tiny heartbeat, I'll feel a lot more pregnant. I now have an appointment on January 19th. We finally got everything finalized with Tricare, but once again, at the end of the month, Jesse will be going from Active Duty to retired status, so we will have to fight tooth and nail again. I'm just glad I have an appointment for the insurance business goes all psycho again!!!

My best friend Tosha is pregnant. She just found out a few days ago and she is due exactly one month after me! I'm so excited for her. And it will be really exciting to go through pretty much our whole pregnancy together.

Anyway, Jaren is wanting to wrestle, so I'm going to have to go for now. I'll be writing again as soon as I can, and hopefully I'll have some picture updates of the last 2 months. We love you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home