Mama B & the Boys

Boys are truth with dirt on their face, beauty with a cut on its finger, wisdom with bubble gum in its hair, and the hope of the future with a frog in its pocket.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

First dr. appointment & first application....

TONS of stuff has been going on with the Davis crew lately. We've been really really busy with each of us getting sick and trips to the ER, as well as just trying to organize our life back at home now(which we really haven't done much of), as well as just trying to visit friends and family, find a Church that we like, and job hunt(Jesse that is). All in all we still have TONS of organizing and unpacking to do, as well as getting our timing down with a new routine, and we still have lots of people we want to visit. But we love being back in WV. Its so beautiful and peaceful here.

In other news...Jesse officially submitted his first application. He had been e-mailing a few different places on and off once we found out that the medical board was going to happen, but he couldn't really count on applying anywhere until he knew either when we were moving home, or when his EAS was going to be. We've been home for almost 2 weeks now and he's been in the job searching mode since we packed up the house in NC. I'm so proud of him because he just wants to get a job, build a house, and 'officially' start our lives here in WV! He put in his application at the Federal Prison in Beckley for a Corrections Officer position. He falls under a 10 point Veterans preference which puts his application higher on the list! It's amazing how wonderful God is. And its a blessing for them to recognize Veterans this way. Anyway, there are a few other places that he is putting his resume and applications in at, and I'm really excited to hear back from each and every place just to hear what they have to say about Jesse's resume. If you could keep us in your prayers on this job hunt journey, we would greatly appreciate it.

Baby Davis #2 is officially baking. He/She is expected to make his/her arrival around August 6, 2009. We are so blessed and excited! I have my first doctor's appointment on Tuesday the 16th. I'm a little nervous because its not like I'm going to meet a doctor for the first time just for a check-up I'm going because I'm pregnant. I loved my DR in NC and she wanted more than anything to see me pregnant and care for me while I was pregnant but we moved just a little too soon! I still haven't be able to get a hold of her to tell her I'm pregnant, but I know she will be so excited to hear the news. She always said she was going to pack up and retire in WV so she could watch Jaren grow. Anyway, I'll keep you all updated on the appointment once it comes and goes.

The 20th of this month, we are actually planning Jaren's birthday party here in WV. I'll been sending out e-vites, but with it being so close to Christmas I'm sure people already have Christmas parties and stuff to go to. But it will be nice for our close family and friends to get to see him dive into that cake! They've been waiting for that forever! Also my sister is having surgery the 19th, so please keep her in your prayers during this time. I know that God's faithful hand is upon her and will be through out the whole procedure and healing process.

We love each and everyone of you very much and we can not wait to see you! I look forward to visiting with everyone really soon!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home